2 BACB CEs
This webinar meets content area A of the 5th Edition Task List of the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB, 2017). In this webinar a radical behavior analytic scientific approach to sex, sexuality, gender, and relationships will be considered. Philosophical assumptions underlying the science will be considered through the lens of sex. Sex-focused behaviorism, the experimental analysis of sexual behavior, the applied analysis of sexual behavior, and professional practice in sexual health will all be considered along with an examination of the dimensions of behavior analysis as they apply to sex, sexuality, gender, and relationships.
By the end of this webinar participants will be able to:
1. "Identify the goals of behavior analysis as a science (i.e., description, prediction, control)" (BACB, 2017) as it pertains to sexual behavior.
2. "Explain the philosophical assumptions underlying the science of behavior analysis (e.g., selectionism, determinism, empiricism, parsimony, pragmatism)" (BACB, 2017) as it pertains to sexual behavior.
3. "Describe and explain behavior from the perspective of radical behaviorism" (BACB, 2017) as it pertains to sexual behavior.
4. "Distinguish among behaviorism, the experimental analysis of behavior, applied behavior analysis, and professional practice guided by the science of behavior analysis" (BACB, 2017) as it pertains to sexual behavior.
5. Describe and define the dimensions of applied behavior analysis" (BACB, 2017) as it pertains to sexual behavior.